Wednesday 15 February 2012

BABOONS

Bring me my gun!


I had a hard job last week, working in severe cold, frosts both first thing in the morning and late into the evening. Most of the estate had been left to its own devices yet another year without sign of a gritter lorry.
I guess the local council presumes we all sit in the warm waiting for our giro's and don't need to get out to earn a crust.
I decided to park directly outside our house at the front Thursday night to lessen the risk of not being able to get car safely down road at the back which is on a steep gradient.
On venture outside to car at 4.30 am Friday I discovered that someone had scratched and dented the 2 offside doors and left no note with details,apologies or indeed diddly squat apart from a large collection of white paint. I guess that the culprit slid into my car and buggered off as he/she didn't have insurance details to leave anyway. I did pointlessly ask if neighbour's saw or heard anything and have driven around since investigating but to no avail. I have to pay excess on insurance but its more about taking the time to arrange and sort everything out that disgruntles me more. If per chance you are the culprit and happen to read this, I have a message for you, coined from my late grandfather.......
YOU MAY BE A BOON TO YOUR MOTHER, BUT YOUR JUST A BABOON TO ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment